Welcome to YobiWorks!
It is my distinct pleasure to welcome you to YobiWorks!
Here, I am exploring the meaning of “service”. As a subscriber, you get access to:
1) My artwork,
2) Updates to new art and photography,
3) Opportunities to invest in the future of YobiWorks,
4) Discounted opportunities to purchase digital art and photography prints,
5) 1st notice of upcoming events like our monthly Art Day! and Art night!
6) Opportunities to join fundraising campaigns that will benefit sufferers of PTSD, homeless veterans, hungry families, and others
7) Most importantly, YOU will have an opportunity to PARTICIPATE in the growth, direction, and mission of YobiWorks by becoming a CONTRIBUTOR!
Now that last statement would have had me thinking, “Ok, this is where he asks me for money.“
If you did think that, no worries, who wouldn’t in this world we find ourselves in? If you didn’t have that thought occur to you, then bravo, you are correct! Also, you should meet Sabrina, my partner, she is the most illuminating, amazing woman I have had the pleasure of meeting, and if you attend one of our events, you will get to meet her as well!
I would like all of our YobiWorks folks to be participants and contributors.
“What does that mean? “
That means commenting on posts, sharing with those in your circles who would appreciate an immersive arts, crafts, and socially mindful, charitable organization geared from an artistic veteran’s perspective. It means having an opportunity to “chime in” when decisions are being made and being HEARD. It means not just watching things happen, but being a part of things happening!
“What does that look like?”
I am glad you asked! Our 1st core value is:
If you aren’t enjoying what you are doing, why do it? I know it sounds simpler than it is, believe me, yet I spent the first 28 years of my adult life making “backup plans”, “building a safety net”, and “playing it safe”. That got me laid off, divorced, and wondering where it all went wrong! So I decided to be true to my loved ones, and my passions above all else. I may never be well off, but if I am happy, and leave an impact, then that is good enough! The 1st thing that is important is that we enjoy what we do, and have fun!
Some upcoming events and projects:
1) Release episode 6 of my In The Fighting Hole podcast, which can be found here:
2) Promote the upcoming Art Night!, this Sunday, from 5 pm to 9 pm, at:
The Veterans’ Memorial Building,
1105 Bancroft Ave,
San Leandro, CA 94577,
Where all you have to do is bring your smile! We provide the art supplies, and you have fun! From crayons to watercolor, acrylic paints and oil pastels to arts and crafts, we have a lot of art supplies to choose from!
3) Complete my current 2 painting projects, and launch the “For All Time” fundraising campaign, where the ones who pick the winning YobiWorks photograph to be painted have their names forever associated with the painting: either in it, on it, or with it.
Whenever I buy into something, I like to know something about the organization and people involved. You can read my short bio here:
Adrian ‘Yobi’ Blumberg
Flow Director: YobiWorks | NettNG
Liaison: Marine For Life Network
Host: In The Fighting Hole
Host: The NettNG
San Leandro, CA 94578